A high strength approx. 5,000iu per gram vitamin D2 & Ginger Mineral Cream, to effectively penetrate into the skin to nourish and replenish vitamin D and mineral content.
Vegan source of vitamin D2 (plant based).
Ginger properties: anti-oxidant (stimulating blood circulation), alleviates pain in joints, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-viral.
Despite its importance 42% of people in the western hemisphere have a vitamin D deficiency. This number rises to a staggering 82.1% of black people and 69.2% of Hispanic people. Trusted Source
One major reason for the disportionality between races concerning vitamin D deficiency in the western hemisphere, relates to melanin (or darker pigmentation in the skin). One of the qualities of melanin, is that it blocks UV radiation. However, it also blocks vitamin D production at the same time, and therefore a lack of exposure to sunlight, i.e. living in the western hemisphere (Europe and America), working indoors, covering skin etc. doesn’t provide the body with enough vitamin D intake needed.
Unbeknown to many, vitamin D is not actually a vitamin but a hormone. It works in the body similar to testosterone and/or estrogen, (although each hormone has distinct functions).
According to the Institute of Medicine (IOM), the following values determine your vitamin D status:
Several studies have found that a blood level of 30 ng/ml (75 nmol/l) is better for preventing fractures, falls and certain cancers, like prostate cancer.
The chart shows the effect of a single, large bolus of vitamin D in healthy adults over the winter and following year: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
· High doses of vitamin D effectively maintain vitamin D sufficiency in all people for around 90 days.
· A powerful antioxidant in blocking inflammation and infections.
· Protects the brain from deterioration and cognitive decline.
· Having a vitamin D blood spot test every 3 months will show how your body is responding.
· Vitamin D toxicity is extremely rare. You would need to take extremely high doses for a long period of time. It’s also worth noting that it is impossible to overdose on vitamin D from sunlight (36Trusted Source).
Sunlight is the best natural source of vitamin D. The UV rays from sunlight convert cholesterol in your skin into vitamin D.